Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cirrus!

A few lessons ago, my CFI, RC told me that I should fly with another instructor to see if he can offer any insight that would help make my landings better. One problem one of the Archers was flying and the other was having a 100 hour inspection. I got moved to a Cirrus SR20.

Whoa! This is quite a step up! Avidyne glass cockpit the interior smells like leather AND there are cup holders! It just doesn't get any better than this. Also it has a constant speed propeller and 200HP - plus a lot of other cool stuff.

From the very first push of the throttle lever this flight was different yet exciting. The Pipers I have been flying have a typical control wheel in the center of the instrument panel. The Cirrus has a "joystick thing" infront of the left armrest that you fly with your left hand.

Funny thing is that though you have two big screens with flight instruments (PFD) and engine instruments (MFD) right there in front of you, my scan went from the steam guages to the navigation on the GNS430s. Old habits...

Incredibly great plane and the new CFI said that I landed well. Great day of flying!

Flight time: 1.7

Total time: 17.7

No comments: