Thursday, March 6, 2008

Unusual Attitudes

Unusual attitude is not the way I react to tomatoes - though I hate them. Unusual attitudes are attitudes other than straight and level flight. To practice these maneuvers, you have to recover from the unusual attitude.

It should have been a warning sign when my instructor asked me if I had ever had motion sickness. The other part of unusual attitude training that I should mention is that it is a simulated instrument maneuver. Simulated instrument means under the hood.

These actually turned out to be quite fun. I think the RC was having fun putting the plane in the unusual attitude and I was having fun recovering. When we were finished he had me fly back to the airport under the hood. I got to remove the hood at 700 feet AGL on short final for landing. Today was a lot of fun.

No, I do not suffer from motion sickness...

Flight time: 1.1

Total time: 56.1

No comments: