Thursday, March 13, 2008

Multi-Engine Fun!

I had been reading a lot about Diamond Aircraft's Twinstar. This is a twin piston aircraft that burns either Jet A or Diesel fuel. It allegedly burns about 4gph in each engine at 65% power while making about 160kts.


This was something that I thought I had better checkout. Plus my buddy WH had flown it and, of course I have to keep up with the Jones'. So I made arrangements to fly it out of Scottsdale (KSDL). It's a pretty cool plane - doesn't require a lot of effort to fly though. FADEC controls all of the engine function and the Garmin G1000 avionics take care of everything else.
It really does sip gas though. We practiced engine out procedures and otherwise simply had fun. What's more, I was able to log some multi-engine time. I'll keep it in mind for after I get my instrument rating.
Flight time: 0.6
Total time: 59.7

No comments: