Monday, March 24, 2008

Solo Cross Country

Today I had my first solo cross country. RC approved my flight plan and the weather checks out. What am I waiting for?

I planned for Ryan Field (KRYN) and was just going to go down and back. Its about 85nm each way. Since the airport at which I am based is underneath Phoenix Class B airspace, we spend a lot of time knowing where the shelves are located and at what altitudes they are located. The biggest concern about my flight today was to avoid the Class B airspace and I had to transition the Class D airspace at KIWA and KCHD.

The flight was uneventful. I had requested flight following and, as always, Phoenix Approach, Albuquerque Center, and Tucson Approach were all very accommodating. The winds were a little gusty when I got down to Ryan.

Funny how you're so focused on the task at hand, you forget to enjoy it sometimes...

Note to self: Have more fun on the next cross country.

Flight time: 1.4

Total time: 65.0

No comments: