Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm a Pilot!



Now that I'm a Pilot, I need to start building up some cross country time in preparation for my instrument rating. Today I decided that I would fly up to Sedona. I looked at the weather and it was looking pretty windy up there so I decided to head South down to Ryan Field.

This was a very different flight. I had no maneuvers to practice. Nothing to remember for my oral exam. The only thing I had to do was safely fly the plane to Ryan Field and get some breakfast!

Besides my first flight, this was the best flight ever. This flight had no purpose other than for me to do something I actually love. Fly. I actually noticed some of the landscape around me. Took in the 50 mile visibility and cleared my head! What a great flight!

Since I had not been the the restaurant at Ryan, I asked the ground controller for a progressive to the restaurant. He told me that would be easy - just follow the blue line. Next to the yellow center line on the taxiway, there is a blue line too. Apparently the blue like takes you right to the restaurant! I like that plan! Had an egg sandwich and the best home fries ever!

Got back in the plane and flew back to Mesa. I was having so much fun that I felt like the time passed too quickly. It was a great day!

Flight time: 2.2

Total time: 78.1

1 comment:

Todd - MyFlightBlog.com said...

Some of the best flights are those with no purpose other than to do something you love - going flying.